View Single Post
DestinyAja 12:56 PM 09-21-2016
Originally Posted by JackandJill:
I feel like you described my first year in daycare. I was so broke, tired and stressed (and I have put on 40 pounds ). I had families that I didn't really want but needed the money. I put their schedules and needs ahead of my own.

I can say, from experience, the only way I was able to stay in business was to put myself and my business first. I set hours that became non negotiable. I made a handbook - it is now 13 pages long - and I ENFORCE my handbook. Any extra service comes with a fee. I LEARNED TO SAY NO. I changed my mindset from thinking "I have to do xyz otherwise the family will leave" to "This is how I do things, if they leave, another family will come that is a better fit." I stopped doing above and beyond crafts and activities that cost a fortune and simplified our daily routine.

I am going into my third year in business. I am happier, my families are all amazing, I no longer just take anyone just to fill a spot. It didn't all happen at once, it was uncomfortable to be honest. But you need to do it otherwise you will be closing your doors!

You can do it! start tonight by writing down how you want your business to be set up, and then make a to do list with steps to get your from where you are today tow where you ultimately want to be. Each week make one change until you are happy! Best of luck!

Thank you! I admit that I have been extremely leanient thinking that I need the money and afraid I won't be able to fill the spot. Afraid of doing it all over again, or I guess just lazy not wanting to do it all over again.