Thread: How To Close?
View Single Post
permanentvacation 09:47 AM 10-30-2014
Are you asking if you should continue your insurance until you close or if you could get away with canceling your insurance now and continue doing daycare for the last month or so because your parents are happy with you?

If that is your question, I believe you should definitely keep your insurance until your last daycare child stops attend daycare. Do not do daycare at all without insurance. You could have done daycare for 50 years with no one getting hurt, then on your last day of daycare, a child could fall down your stairs, fall off the monkey bars, or something like that and become paralyzed for the rest of their lives - yes, an extreme example, but my point is you never know what could happen and how bad a child's injuries might be as a result of an accident while in your care. Therefore, I would suggest that you keep your insurance until the last second that you are in business.

If you are asking if you should carry your insurance after closing, I would think not, but you should ask your insurance company, your daycare licensing department, and I would also ask a lawyer, just to make sure you have yourself covered for the proper length of time needed.

As far as what to do with your daycare stuff, you could advertise in your local newspapers and on Craigslist and any other advertising venues you have in your area that you are closing your daycare and are selling your daycare items. Around here, that happens all the time and other daycare providers rush to buy their items. Of course, also have yard sales that you advertise as daycare provider going out of business, lots of children's items for ages 6 weeks - 5 years (or whatever age range your stuff is for)