Thread: Parent Survey
View Single Post
MrsB 02:05 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Personally I think you might want to word these questions differently. The way you wrote them make it appear to me that you think there are policies that are unfair....kwim?

I would say something along the lines of "Are there any policies that you would like to see ammended so they fit better with your current situation?" or something similar. Maybe just ask if they have any particular policies they wish to comment on?

I just think the point of a policy handbook IS to benefit the parent (safe rules/sickness policies etc ) so ideally the handbook should be viewed as looking out for the best interest of the families you have in care.
I agree Blackcat! I think I am leaning on the side of not including any questions about the contract or policies because I really think that they are fair for everyone.

Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Why would you want to know? If they signed up with you, they know your rules and must abide by them. They wouldn't have signed with you if they couldn't live with them. KWIM?

I don't think I would ever open that door. I might give this type of survey to a client that is leaving but not to current clients.
The question about the rule not being fair, isnt necessarily the reason for the survey and I agree probably should not be asked. My current handbook has gone thru SO MANY revisions over the years. I am not even sure if any is left from my original. So, I am sure you and most everyone are with me, if its in the handbook its because we have faced an issue. Therefore needed to put it there to safeguard everyone.

To me I dont base my success on getting them in the door and signing a contract and thats the end of it. I want to continue to grow and want my program to reflect that too. I want to have an open relationship with my parents and I value there input. For the most part, I dont have alot of dialogue with my DCP because I try to make transitions at drop off and pick up run quick and smoothly. I thought this might be a good way to get their input.