View Single Post
knoxmomof2 05:20 PM 09-23-2016
I've been doing this for 4 years. I homeschooled my own 2 and did caregiving for Seniors overnight. My DH's schedule became unpredictable and I had to find an alternative. This was it. I started with 1 child coming full-time every other week and part-time on the opposite weeks. It took me until a year later to be comfortable enough to add a 2nd. I can have up to 4 in my state without needing to be licensed and I have been at capacity for over a year now.

The best learned lessons are the least comfortable ones. My DH has a great business sense and he would have so much advice for my issues, but I'm stubborn and have to really get hurt before I quit thinking with my heart and start thinking with my head. Enforce your payment policy! No pay= no stay. Realize that these clients are going to protect themselves first... And you have to do the same!

These posts have empowered me to take control of my business - I stared down 2 very controlling Dcms who have ran my life for the last few years and I said "this is the new policy, if it doesn't fit your family, I understand if you need to find a new care provider". I'm not rolling in money, but I'm over it. I'm ready to be my own boss and stop worrying about people who don't worry about me. I will interview with the understanding that I am a partner with them in regards to their child, but I am my own boss. If that scares them away, it wouldn't have worked out anyway ☺️ You just have to get mad enough! Lol...