View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 08:56 AM 12-27-2012
I make a Parent Packet which is a colored folder with pockets and 3 brads. My handbook goes in the brads, the papers that I need filled out go in the front pocket and the paper for them to keep go in the back pocket. The pockets also both have slots for business cards so I put my card in there also. This is what I have in mine:
  1. My Contract (full/part-time or Drop-in)
  2. My handbook
  3. Enrollment form
  4. Child's Profile (about the child)
  5. Identification & Emergency Information - Required by licensing
  6. Consent for medical treatment - Required by licensing
  7. Authorization for topical products
  8. Permission agreement (to participate, vehicle transportation and photograph)
  9. Medication in young children - letter
  10. Consumer awareness information - Required by licensing
  11. Notification of parent's rights - Required by licensing
  12. Rates & Fees
  13. Holiday schedule
  14. Payment options - letter
  15. Keep me home if ... (symptoms to look out for)
  16. Caregiver background check process - Required by licensing

When I made my contract I looked at other samples first and then figured out what I wanted mine to look like. Then I bulleted the policies that I wanted in it and split it into a few categories. Once I was done my DH took it to work and had the attorneys at his office review it ... the first time it came back it had red and blue ink all over it and had a bunch of parts crossed out but at least they were nice enough to rewrite and proof it for me. The same thing happened with my handbook .

My contract covers Items to an agreement to follow my contract and all policies in my handbook, hours of care, services provided, terms of payment, holidays and attendance, illness policy, termination procedure and at the very end another agreement of all terms and conditions. After each section my clients have to sign and date a statement that reads :

I, the client, understand the terms and conditions under item (ONE, TWO etc.). I have read the terms and agree to these terms.

Besides the forms required by licensing most of the rest of the paperwork was made by me but I always looked at samples for reference and just changed and added the stuff that I wanted.