View Single Post
jenboo 07:46 AM 03-29-2017
So i mentioned my 16 month old dcb (although i think i said 14 months in previous post) who is aggressive and bites without prompting.
Here is a quick review of our week so far: Monday:
walked up to another child and grabbed their face, digging his nails into the child. Dh and i were both a hands reach away. The other child still has scratch marks from it.

Tuesday:
At breakfast, i have wash clothes i use to wipe the kids down with after meals. I tossed them onto the table. I was cleaning one child up when DCB grabbed a towel and started intentionally smacking another child in the face with it.

dcb was acting a little wild, throwing toys and the such so i was proactive and separated him from the group. Dcb was gated into the hallway. I took another child into or one of the bedrooms to nap. I set him down while i got the sheet on his pack and play. The bedroom door didn't latch and he started to open it. DCB was right there and attempted to bite the child on the face but i was able to stop it.

Everyone was sitting down with dh for stories after lunch. Dh always separates DCB from the group with his leg. I sat a baby down on the other side of dh's leg. DCB immediately leaned over dh's leg and attempted to bite the baby in the face.

After nap we only had 3 children so we let DCB join them outside. After multiples times of redirecting him for throwing toys at the other children i went to lead him away by his hand. He proceeded to continue to hit the child.

When we are inside, we separate DCB by gating him off into another room. We have to use two gates though because if he can reach anyone over the gate, he will grab or hit them. When we are outside, he goes into a pack n play.
Anytime we redirect, he throws himself down and cries. He doesn't really play with toys... He just runs around throwing and dumping them.

I have an email i sent his parents after his first week here mentioning the face grabbing and ay the time hair pulling. She said they were working on it at home. I have seen him grab and hit dad's face at pick up before. They both say he isn't aggressive at home.

Mom wants to talk tonight so that we are all I the same page. I'm at a total loss of what to do since nothing prompts his aggression. Is there really anything to do besides redirect and separate??