View Single Post
Incognito 08:03 PM 08-16-2011
So I have a couple kids that are always wearing hand me downs and never given anything new by the DCMs own words. These 2 kids have been wearing the same smelly pair of shoes since enrollment in January! The were 2nd hand from Goodwill back then! They don't fit right. I fight to get them on. Although they don't complain of sore feet I know they have to be. I have mentioned to DCM a couple months ago about them and asked if they had a good pair so we could go to a museum. She tells me no only those and that she knows she has to get them some more but can't afford it.

Little background this family makes about $2,000 per month counting the employment and other income as well as assistance programs! WHY can they not afford shoes??? Answer, they CAN they just don't care (AHEM some of u may be with me here...)

Anyway, I am planning on buying them both NEW shoes as well as a few outfits NEW because they never had anything NEW! Uggh.. Until I get enough saved to do so I am searching for shoes. So I text DCM today asking what size they wear because I forgot to look while they were here.
She asks why I want to know.
I said well you yourself said the other day they were outgrowing them right?
She replies yes but I cant afford shoes now.
I text back ok well my cousin has some shoes that her kids outgrew and before she puts them in her yardsale I wanted to know if they would fit your kids. What size are they?
She replies with I don't know I will have to look.
So I wait for an hour and nothing... I text back asking if she looked.
She said no she will look later.
WTH??? I reply well can u look now please so I know if they fit or not and I can get them for u.
She replies with "just get them and I will look at your shoes when I get there Saturday morning and if they fit I will take them.

WHOOOO acts like that??? I mean i know shes got entitlement fever but damn!!! RUDE RUDE RUDE!! Can't even get off your lazy azz to check the size on a shoe so u can get MORE FREE stuff?

I feel like pulling my hair out! I say to myself fine I am not buying the new shoes if she cant help by supplying a damn size! Then I think of the children... I guess I will wait and check them on Saturday for myself!