View Single Post
Hunni Bee 04:06 PM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by Incognito:
Where I live $2,000 a month is plenty. I don't make that myself and I manage to pay my bills AND keep my kid in clean clothing and good shoes that fit. This DCM stood here and admitted that her kids NEVER get new only 2nd hand. She did NOT BUY them shoes!! She said they were hand me downs and already torn when she got them! When she does buy it's from goodwill or free from the salavtion army bin and they don't even fit. THAT is a damn shame I don't care how much she makes she can buy her kids an outfit at Walmart right now for $5. I just bought them 2 more and she makes more than I do! I am offended by what u say because I am not picky about what other people wear but when the shoes are so worn that the inside mesh is exposed everywhere and sock is showing through and the soles are coming off then it is time to spend money on shoes not new cell phones! I have beat around the bush with this DCM for months and she doesn't care so I have started getting more blunt I admit that.

For you to assume that I am being rude about MY STANDARDS is just ignorant! I have bought 2nd hand clothing as well for myself and my family I NEVER said it was a problem. The outfits that I bought them last month were from ebay BUT they FIT!! AND they were not ragged or stained! The problem is when that is ALL a child is permitted to have! AND they are ragged or don't fit! So GUESS WHAT, it DOES bother the kids when their feet hurt and the clothes keep hanging off or are too tight!!

These parents have many dif phones. Home, welfare cell that is reloaded with mins every month for free and the other phones thru altel. They don't need all of them so they could cut the Altel phone since the welfare phones are free! Also the don't pay for gas welfare pays that too every month. They don't pay for food welfare gives them hundreds in stamps, they don't pay for daycare either. The kids also get free med insurance so no bills there. They don't pay rent either. Soo $2,000 is plenty here. Actually I think she isn't reporting her income to welfare so she can get all those extras! I can see if we lived in a big city but we don't. We live in a small town where a 3-4 bedroom home can be rented for $300-$600 per month depending on size and area but again she doesnt have to pay rent! DCM stands here and brags about all the free benefits they get.

These poor kids don't even have clean clothes yet DCM usually does. Let me guess, Kids don't care if their clothes are clean right? NOOO reason for kids to be dirty and wear dirty clothing! She had the same sticky jelly stained shirt on a child for 3 days in a row!! WHY??? I finally took it off and called a friend to sit ith the kids so I could wash it! The shirt on DCB yesterday was so tight and small I couldn't get it off when he spilled choc milk down it! Yet DCGs tank top was so big the neck line lays on her belly exposing her whole chest! She has to keep pulling it up so she isn't exposed. She is UNCOMFORTABLE! Wait they don't mind that right? (see u don't like when I assume and twist things do u) The shoes are just a part of it and I finally snapped on that because they smell so foul I cant take it in my home anymore. I just went out and bought them each a new pair today. I spent a whole $30 for both! Now tell me why DCM couldn't do that once in a while? $30 isn't much for your childrens feet to be comfortable! In MY opinion anyway!

I tried very hard to be discreet at first here with these poor neglected children but U just set me off trying to turn the tables on me! So now u have the whole story... go ahead pick it apart and twist it some more! I try to help these poor kids and THIS is what I get. I am all for honest opinions when I ask for advise and such but to totally twist this. Not having it, sorry. I am done here!
I definitely understand where you are coming from. Where I live (and I know that things are different in different cities) you can go to Social Services, the food bank, the library...anywhere and tell them you can't afford shoes for your children...you will receive most likely a brand new pair, and if not a nice gently used pair and more clothing than you can carry.

Whether she doesn't have the money to buy new shoes or have clean clothes that fit for her children, or whether she just chooses not to spend it is neither here nor there. It's the fact that she did not try to get these things because she doesn't care. That's why she doesn't know what size they wear. I'm sure she doesn't wear dirty clothing hanging from her body or stinking, falling-apart, ill-fitting shoes. And to me that IS bad parenting. Soon those children will be in school and they will be ridiculed for being dirty and smelly, when it doesn't have to be that way.