View Single Post
jen 01:22 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Incognito:
To answer the question How I know? I know because she stands here day after day bragging! Rent is free through a housing program but yes she must be lying to them to get it. People pick a house to rent and they pay the rent. I could go into more detail as to what exactly she has said she does but I can't here. To give u an idea about the open bragging though, another DCM (DCM2) needed help with food and electric bills and asked us both 1 day if we knew where to get help. So I handed out local charities and resources information sheets to everyone last week just as a courtesy if they wanted them. DCM 2 stood here and thanked me for the info and DCM 1 said right in front of DCM2 that she didn't need those numbers because she already "tapped them all out" with a giggle. She thinks the whole thing is funny! She went on to tell DCM2 all she could get for FREE from certain places without them making u prove what your income is. DCM1 stood there and proudly commented that she makes a little over $2 G and still gets it all free and suggested that DCM2 just say she makes less as they won't even check it as she has done it for years. DCM2 looked like a deer caught in headlights so I think she has some sense!

I don't know where u are from but here everyone still calls it welfare. It's DHHS same thing but people say welfare here. It differs from place to place. Oh and for the record she has a new washer and dryer. Welfare bought it for her just last year because she was on a "works program" So she is just lazy.

Point is this DCM has proven over a period of many months to be neglectful and I was just trying to extend yet another courtesy to her and she didn't care and it pizzed me off. Now had it been for a pack of smokes or something for HER then she would be all up for it. The kids shoes are just the final straw and I was venting my disgust. I'm sorry that I even brought it here. I won't do it again. My apologies to everyone I may have offended by making it seem like 2nd hand isn't good. It is great! I am all for 2nd hand. We make messes here and get messy so I don't expect new clothing to be worn here but there is a difference between general 2nd hand and 2nd hand lazy freebies because u just don't care.
My advice to you is this...when she starts talking about her income or use of programs, simply look her in the eye and say, "Oh my goodness! That is really none of my business" and then change the subject.