View Single Post
julie 12:59 PM 08-05-2013
This thread was so depressing.

Anyone else have the song "Cat's in the Cradle" running through their head at a few of the posts?

I wish some of the parents knew what they were doing, or missing, or that they even cared a second about how their kid feels while they use every second of care to get their money's worth and do whatever, sometimes arriving late to get them. The kid knows they are dumped and pick up on this fact very early in life. It is so heartbreaking on every level, and I feel sad for you as parents to not realize this, but even more for your kids who come to ME for comfort and understanding when you do this time and again. I comfort them, but I can never understand or explain it. I could never do this. I could never be so nonchalant about causing such damage to my kids, and yes it DOES cause damage to kids to realize their parents don't want them around. I wonder how you can be okay with that.

And I don't mean the parents that occasionally take a day here or there. I get that "me time" is needed every now and again, and sometimes that stress release makes a person a better parent. Everyone needs a few minutes, now and then. But I can tell the difference between an occasional hair appointment and "My hours are 730-3 and I don't get a discount, so if the daycare is open my kids will be there because I'm paying you", and so can your kids. How sad for them.