View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:41 AM 12-17-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
I actually have arranged the furniture so there isn't a clear path for them to run, they have to run in and out and swerve around tables and other objects. That being said, it's still possible to run, just more difficult and doesn't stop him. He's very stubborn, has behavior issues, and any time I just want to talk to him about something he runs away from me (not sure if he got that from home or what). I'd be pissed too if this happened to my daughter, but she's always getting bumps and bruises (actually she has a nice bruise on her forehead and she has no clue how it got there). I'm around kids enough to know that as much as it sucks to see a kid get hurt, it's going to happen and there's no way for me to walk around with 10 kids at the same time to make sure everyone is 100% safe and careful all the time.
Kids do get hurt and I'm sorry this one did. I also think its great that you have the room arranged to prohibit the running but I wonder if this little one may have some other issues going on if he is so wired all the time...??

It's also not fair or okay to justify it by saying you have 10 kids so you can't make sure everyone is 100% safe. all the time.

It's your job to do EVERYTHING you can to provide a 100% safe environment and if you have too many kids to do that, then you have too many kids.

If this child requires one on one supervision and you can't provide that, then you need to let the parents know you are not able to provide the services he needs and let them go.

I totally understand that kids get hurt. I do. But it's still our job to EVERYTHING within our power to make sure they don't....even if that means limiting the number of kids you have in attendance.