View Single Post
Unregistered 05:17 PM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by CalCare:
As you mentioned, Josiegirl, about the newspaper article- He can write his own actually! I've done it a few times. Write a press release, email it to several online and print papers. You plan an event and you write about your school and the event. First paragraph- the event, next paragraph- more about the school. Please remember to include your website, phone number, etc. WITH a link! Then host your event AND take photos. Then you send out ANOTHER press release describing the event and now you have pics. .. What you need is a real marketing plan. That would include: events you will attend, events you will host, putting out press releases on events, advertising openings, etc. I can pm you the press releases I wrote if I can find them. Just to give an idea if you don't know where to begin. Events to host could be: family fun day, host a speaker (as mentioned by previous posters, don't speak yourself because that's just annoying- like now you are going to tell the community what they need to be doing and how), coat/canned food drives, beach/Creek clean ups..
These are good idea. I actually know the previous owner did a press release of sorts with some local media outlets when the school originally was opened. It was highly successful. It also cost her a few thousand dollars. I believe it was something like a TV interview, something in the local papers/magazine, and an ad in the local rec centre.