View Single Post
Leigh 06:52 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by 284878:
Rasian in kidkare is number 33 in the fruit category. (Serve them weekly)

However op originally posted that they were serving crasians, which are dried cranberries. They are not on the kidkare list however, they look alot like rasians but a little larger. They contian added sugar, so I doubt they are approved.

Doritos are corn based not potato (also gulten free) and are 75 in the bread category, (sun chips/ Doritos). (However I never serve them)

If your for sponsor is telling no rasian, I would ask why, they are approved by the USDA. Plus the ingredients are simply, dried grapes (prunes are also approved but most dried fruit are not.)
I think our sponsors may enter their own codes? 33 is Papaya for me. 75 doesn't exist under bread for me. Sun Chips/Doritos isn't an option for me when I type it in, nor are raisins. They did tell me once that raisins aren't allowed because the serving size would be too large to meet the fruit requirement.

I think I'm going to find the USDA list and compare it to my sponsor's. I don't want to serve Doritos, but I'd love to be able to claim raisins, since my kids love them!