View Single Post
Former Teacher 04:59 PM 01-16-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I keep three bottles here that I wash.

I would not allow premade bottles to come in. I think the risk of spiking with tylenol or advil would be a reasonable risk I wouldn't want to take. Be beware if parents tell you to use a certain bottle at a certain time. That's the "tell" that it could be spiked.

One of the trainers who led a class I had to take said that their Center had problems with parents spiking with antipyretics and benadryl. The benadryl ones would request they give it to them close to pick up time.

Were the bottles premade or with water or just powder?
Some were pre made. Some had water. Some had powder. Most of the time they were empty and the parents brought in bottled water. Some even brought single servings of the pre made formula. For the bottles with the bags (Playtex nursers) we just had to have a different nipple per feeding.

That's a chance we took when the parents brought in pre made bottles. We never caught them red handed that I know of.

We just couldn't wash the bottles as the sink in the infant room was a hand washing sink only. We couldn't even rinse the bottles out. Once used, in a plastic grocery bag they go. Oh and licensing was a stickler if there was even a spoon on the sink. Nothing but soap and paper towels.