View Single Post
nannyde 05:37 AM 01-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Each child enrolled (I only enroll infants) are required to bring me 3 empty bottles (to keep here), formula concentrate (weekly) and/or breast milk in a refrigerated bag (daily), and a case of diapers (est. bi-monthly). I make my own babyfood, treats and snacks.

I provide everything BUT bottles, formula and diapers. Once they turn 12 months, the parents also have to provide mosquito spray for outside time (they will be bathed and redressed after. This is a regional issue.)

Occasionally parents will have chosen the same brand of bottles, whatever is the new fad at the time, and I will need a labeling system. When that happens I use color coded silicone bands. I have 4 colors, 4 bands each with the daycare logo on them.

http://www.mypreciouskid.com/name-la...ippy-cups.html

of course, you can also use those silicone bracelets they sell at oriental trading company. You can get hundreds of them for the same price. I got the fancy ones for advertising/setup photos
Really close to what I do minus the bug spray

I have them bring in a case of diapers.. usually around 70 or so.
Ginormous pack o wipes
Three bottles with three nipples that have been USED.
Two cans of formula... big ones... one for spare stock and replaced every Monday.
Three sets of head to toe spare clothes
robeez slippers for the babies if they aren't worn every day in and out.

Breast fed babies need to bring me a freezer stock. I will do fresh back and forth with them if they prefer it but I must have a back up stock.

The only thing that goes back and forth is on breast milk and only with the parents I know will do it consistently. Otherwise freezer stock every Monday for the whole week.

I text the word diapers on week out. Wipes come in once a month. Replace nipples per request.

I'm on the food program and offer only a generic formula which nobody ever accepts. I provide all infant cereal and home made baby food. I would do baby cereal from scratch but the food program here requires it to be iron fortified so I have to use the Gerber organic.