View Single Post
Blackcat31 04:32 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I wouldn't say you took the high road. You did what you needed to do, she termed you and you found a new provider. Hopefully the new provider is a better fit for your family. As far as the depression, of course she was. She has fibromyalgia. My doctors told me there was no way for me to have that and not have depression, they are linked. You can't really go through bouts of severe pain and not feel some depression. As far as the "carousel" you are on, I find it a bit offensive you keep referring to it as that. Many of us work our backsides off to provide quality, loving care to our families. We are not part of a circus! And why would you have been looking to pay the person you are speaking so badly of more to keep your kids on?
I took her comment about the carousel to be in reference to what the OP has just gone through... the thread is about her situation. I didn't take it as a dig at child care provider/us

Her ex-provider doesn't really fall into the category of "working her backside off to provide quality care"; she put her hand over the child's mouth.

In regards to the provider having fibromyalgia/depression, that's really not the parent's problem. No more than the personal lives of our clients are our concern.

Given everything OP has shared thus far, I think she took the high road. Could the whole thing have been handled better from the beginning by both parties? Probably but should've, could've, would've doesn't help now.