View Single Post
CraftyMom 05:54 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I usually take a pay equal to two weeks of care for a deposit,and if a parent changes her mind I keep the deposit and if I change my mind about taking that child in my day care then I give them a refund.
The only thing I don't like is when people are looking for a child dare a year in advance...how can you be sure it will work?
I had one situation where I had a child for a whole year,then it was summer time and mom had it off,so child was not at the day care.I was completely ok with that thinking they are coming back in September,then September came and a week before he was supposed to come she said he will not come here anymore for she is putting him in a school day care where she works...I mean how strange that can be!?Why she never mentioned that to me,I relied on him coming back,gave him priority over the other potential clients,and at the end for being nice and professional you get this!
I'm wondering what to do in this situation as well. Wondering if should have a policy that states there is a fee for not following through since I would be holding the spot all summer when I could have filled the spot and would be losing money