View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:37 AM 08-24-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I worry about kids biting me, spitting on me, tearing my possessions up, and falling headfirst onto my floor because they were just that sleepy.
Then my focus and my talk with the parents would be on those things that were happening on my watch, not particularly on the reason. I guess I don't particularly care about the "why", I only care about the "what".

My discussion would be "Hey DCM your child was extremely aggressive today. DCK threw toys, damaged furniture and bit me. None of this is ok. If the behavior doesn't improve then you're going to need to look for other daycare arrangements. What is your plan?".

Honestly, we can talk to parents until we're blue in the face but that doesn't mean they'll listen. I'd say that in my time doing family daycare maybe about 15% of parents with children of challenging behavior actually did something to improve their child's behavior. maybe another 10% did something after being told that I'd have to terminate care if they didn't change something. The rest didn't change one thing and I had to terminate. I'm just saying that most parents don't want to be told how to parent.