View Single Post
MissAnn 01:06 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Is she holding her bladder while she's awake?
Does she take herself to the potty, or does she go at scheduled times--do you know how often and how effectively she's emptying her bladder?
What's her total fluid intake?
When is she taking it in?

At age five and with no known medical issues, if I were the parent I'd have her napping when home in regular underpants with a puppy pad under the sheet and a mattress cover under that, not in a pull-up. Then I'd be sympathetically helping her wash the sheets. . . I'd want her to learn that it's just as unpleasant to wet herself while sleeping as when up and walking around. (I wish my MIL had taught her kid to do laundry at age five. . . or fifteen. . . or any age at all, really.) But you can't control what the parents do at home. Frustrating if they've just let this continue from potty training all the way to today. Have they tried anything other than letting her wet herself in pull-ups?
1. She is perfectly potty and pooped trained while awake and takes care of all bathrooming needs. She can hold it quite awhile.
2. When she potties, she goes a lot......sure she's emptying her bladder.
3. She doesn't drink any more than anyone else.
4. No liquids for about 45 minutes before nap. Goes potty just before nap.

Parents are not worried. She has been through a lot in her life...mainly neglect. She was behind 2 years ago in language skills but totally caught up. She is behind with fine motor skills.