View Single Post
dEHmom 10:41 AM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I would never send my kid to a Dcp who smoked. I think its disgusting. I also will never believe that a smoker can go the whole day without one just b/c they are working. I quarantee that person can't go from 7-5 or longer without a smoke on the days they do not have an assistant or helper.

Where I live we have to notify parents (in writing- in our policies) if people smoke in our home before/after daycare hours and must be smoke free during care hours. I even have it in my policies that if parents picking up kids smoke they need to be finished and extinguished BEFORE entering my driveway. I don't want my kids seeing it or parents leaving it around my home.

BTW, my husband smoked in the marine corp and quit when he returned using Welbutrin. A neighbor used Chantix and hasnt smoked in 3 yrs. I think if you want to quit there are ways to make it happen.
I know that most people couldn't be casual smokers, but I know MANY people, who can go a week without one, casually smoke on the weekends here and there etc.

I myself used champix (canadian version of chantix) and quit without even doing the full 12 weeks. BUT I also have the occassional smoke here and there. Not even my DH knows that I smoke. I know it's dumb, why would I even have that 1 or 2 smokes? It's an occassional smoke, maybe when I'm drinking at a friends, or when I can't sleep.

So I disagree with the someone cannot go a whole day without one. Some people CAN, and most people probably can't.