View Single Post
dEHmom 11:28 AM 12-17-2010
Very true, but essentially if you are trusting some person to care for your child, they sort of become like family. You wouldn't leave your child with just anybody. You wouldn't think twice about the majority of your family members, and you shouldn't think twice about your daycare provider. So that's the only reason I really brought up this issues as it has been on my mind several times. I mean being a former smoker, i can see how smoking is a choice any adult has. It doesn't make you a bad person, irresponsible, or incompetent of caring for children. It's a bad habit, and smells bad. And maybe you're just a casual smoker, or you have designated smoke breaks when lets say children are napping, or you only have before and after your work day. There's a lot to think about.
If I was still a smoker, I can understand and respect a parents choice not to choose me as a provider, but it would always bother me because it's discrimination in a sense. Assuming I do not smoke in my home, or around the kids.