View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:20 AM 09-03-2019
I ended up going back to college not too long after this thread was first posted. I did it to participate in my States QRIS program to stay competitive since my documentable education was in another field. I was the first in my area rated and am still at a higher rate than most of the big centers. I lost about $5800 for an "education" (I literally had to make toys and crafts and come up with recipes for class with a smile on my face during presentations ) that does not transfer (and is offered free to high school students through a trade school grant), but my business is as successful as ever.

The irony was that the Pre-K programs have fallen out of favor with many parents. They don't want institutionalized kids. They don't want the level of violence and behavioral issues they were seeing. They want free play, mud pies, safety and joy for their kids early childhoods. I did not see that coming. More parents are waiting until 6 to send their kids to public school, too.

The market corrected itself, here. The community has changed, too, though. Mills and farms shut down then subdivisions, resorts and golf clubs moved in. Rent and home values for most people went up significantly, the population had an influx. So, for me, 2020 looks to be a great year.