View Single Post
Leigh 12:33 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I got these pamphlets from my midwife and during my prenatal classes. Don't all parents get this education from their DR/Midwife?

Seems pretty common knowledge in my opinion and parents just choose not to follow it. My niece slept in a swing for many months and my sister definitely knew better.
Parents here get that education, but they just don't tend to follow it. THEY had blankets in the crib when they were babies and are still alive. THEY slept in a swing, and THEY are just fine. Some people just don't believe the information until their OWN child dies. I know some licensed daycares that don't follow safe sleep rules, even though we are all required to attend trainings on it. They just think that their way is best.

I agree with the PP about how moms will just do what works-I live in a state with the highest population of working women in the country. In addition, many of these moms have close to zero support from their husbands-there are a lot of men around here who don't do laundry, cook, clean, or do their share of child-rearing. Those moms are working full time jobs and have another full time job waiting when they get home. They'll do whatever it takes to get a little sleep. I don't agree with it, but I understand how they feel.