View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:17 PM 02-20-2012
Only you know what you alone are capable of handling. If you think that you'll be a complete nervous wreck when this child comes to your DC then maybe you just simply say that. It looks to me like you have handled everything very well and have done extensive research. The only thing that I would require before the infant starts is to have the cardiologist write everything that he told you down. Everything in writing.

Have the parents create that plan of action for you which they will sign which will include everything that could possibly happen during daycare hours (aorta rupturing etc) and have them sign that they understand that this could very possibly be a reality. At least that way you are protected legally. The parents are pretty much saying that they understand that something could possibly happen at any time and at least the liability portion of this issue doesn't weigh on you.

Other than that, if the cardiologist has ensured you that the infant won't need additional attention than any other infant then I personally wouldn't see any reason to say no. If I woudn't need any additional staff, time or equipment and I was given everything in writing I'd have a hard time finding a reason to say no. But that's just me. What do YOU feel? Because that's what's important.