View Single Post
renodeb 11:56 AM 01-06-2011
OMG, your story reminds me so much of a child I just had to dismiss kinda for the same reasons. Heres the long and the short of my story: I had this aquantence that I knew from our daughters being in sports together & our teenage kids being in football and cheer together. So she recommends me to a coworker/fiend of hers. They end up enrolling with me. I know this child would harder to settle in b/c he was mostly home with mom and a nanny. Pretty spoiled etc. So week one rolled by, week two, week three, week 4. He is still screaming all day, not happy, not eatting. Two months roll by and he is no better adjusted. Crying all the time(and I mean all the time).After much debate I had to talk to mom and tell her that this child is not adjusting at all, hes very unhappy and that basically he cries all day unless being held. (sound familiar?) In the conversation I told her that I may not be the best match for them, and that I can not be everything to every child. I also toldher that I had to think of the group as a whole and what was best. We all must recognize our own limitations and abilities. I would just out and out tell her what you are thinking. How long have you have the child? Usually after about a month the child is pretty settled in. Dont beat your self up. You need to do whats best for you. Ofcourse the mom is gonna say the childs easy. Let us know what happens and sorry for going on and on.
Debbie