View Single Post
Crystal 12:08 PM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oddly, I just had this situation a few years ago. Parents were awarded 50-50 custody with child (age 15 months) spending one week with dad and one week with mom.

Judge ordered child to remain in my child care until school age in order for child to maintain some sort of consistency and routine as she had already been with me since birth. Dad wanted to change daycares (I am pretty sure just to make drama for mom) but judge actually made a court order that child remain with me.

Both sets of parents supplied me with the court documentation and the drop off and pick up schedule so I knew who was suppose to be doing what. Each parent was responsible for payment on their week. I wouldn't have done it that way as I prefer to have one payer and cc all other info but judge ordered payment to be separate so....

Worked out wonderful and I had the child until she went to Kindy. I really do think it was in child's best interest as this was a family who would drop off in one jacket and take it with them so the other parent couldn't use it so they had to bring another jacket when they picked up....
I had almost the exact same situation here a couple of years ago. The judge will side with the Mom if the child has been ion the same child care for some time and it is a stable, healthy environment for the child.