View Single Post
Thriftylady 12:10 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I disagree. I wouldn't take my time. I pulled my son out of preschool for something similar. At pick up in the afternoon, they would be out on the playground in full sun. This was when it was 90 degrees outside and no breeze and my son would get in the car and be super hot (no sunscreen either). All the kids would just stand around the teacher, because it was too hot to play, so I asked the teacher why they are outside in full sun when it is so hot, and she snapped at me that as long as the it is nice out, we go out! I told her they may rethink that when one of these kids end up in the hospital from heat exhaustion and my kid never went back. Heat is not something you mess with and I know this because I had to go to the ER for it when I was 8 after going on a canoe trip. It was not pleasant and it is extremely dangerous for young children.
I had heat issues when I was 10 or 11. You are right it is miserable. I had been at the lake all day with a friend and her family. I ended up a day later with issues with my eyes (I think they were sunburned or something), a fever of 105 degrees, and was so miserable and having nightmares from my fevers. I am very careful now when it comes to heat. I didn't know any better back then but I learned better really fast.