View Single Post
Crazy8 06:32 PM 08-15-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I recently had a tour for a prospective client. The fact that we were closed for one entire week between christmas and new years was a "deal breaker" for them. I am only closed Memorial day, labor day, 4th of july and thanksgiving otherwise. That xmas week is UNPAID for us. "What, can't you get alternate staff in here for me that week?" Sheesh. I was floored. Uh, no. We have family too.

Anyways, OP, just try to be as non-chalant as possible. Try not to give them the satisfaction of knowing they got to you. Sicky sweet is the cure for meanies, in my book at least.
wow, being closed that week between xmas and new years is standard for ALL the daycare centers around here.

OP... I would just try to take that high road and not say anything other than "good mornings/good nights" to them at drop off and pick up. I am glad my term notice is only 2 weeks, although I don't think I've ever had anyone leave on not so good terms AND give notice. If they hate it so much how can they continue to bring their child for a whole month. That makes no sense to me and just shows that they are making stuff up.