View Single Post
frgsonmysox 04:27 PM 03-20-2013
I just read this WHOLE thread, yes... it took me a while lol. I know it's old but since it got bumped this year I'll explain why I am unlicensed.

I looked at getting licensed in my state, and by doing so I would lose ALL my current families. I would ONLY be able to work from 6 am to 6 pm, when currently I am open 24/7. My families are military and need early early care or really late. They also need care for more than 12 hours (generally 14 or so), it also allows me to have irregular schedules for my families, which means I don't have to adhere to the 3 or less children rule, because my daycare falls under "irregular daycare" and therefore the amount of kids I can have is higher, but I try to keep at 3 or less at the same time - not counting my own.

Plus, as I have 5 kids and am trying for number 6, if I were to get licensed I would have to count my own kids, and I would only be able to take in TWO kids. So I get to take more not being licensed anyway. I follow all the rules, report my income, adhere to all the laws and regulations - I just won't become licensed as it ruins the type of daycare I want to have.