View Single Post
Jo123ABC 12:06 PM 07-17-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I may get flamed here, but I feel the 11.5 month old I had would use the "control thing" too as he would spit or throw that bottle/cup waiting to nurse. He was more than hungry but was NOT going to drink. He didn't eat but half a jar of baby food per day which didn't concern me as much. But all kids need their milk. I even think dcm wanted him to NOT drink anywhere else. She liked him nursing on her all throughout the night. Parents are creating these problems and want daycares/schools to fix them Out of my 26 years, the last five years never cease to amaze me.

If this kid nursed all night he probably didn't need to drink much during the day as most calories were covered at night. I nursed my kid at night until I got sick of it around 9 mo. And kicked him out of my bed he didn't nurse much during the day at all ...then we switched to formula anyway. But he did eat food really well and water. I wouldn't be a fan of a parent doing what I did either. I needed to do it because honestly it is so hard to run a daycare alone and nurse during the day! I am responsible for my kids 24-7 (with their dad on evenings and weekends thank God!) so I didn't burden someone else with our "habits"