View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:24 AM 09-27-2012
I have had my preschool account for a couple years and not one of my DCP have ordered anything yet. A few Grandparents did, at first, but that quickly fizzled.

All DCP were excited when I set up the account and still want to be made aware of everything I buy for their children, though . I was saddened by the fact that nobody ever even looked at the classroom wish list section as I had hoped.

I guess I had grand dreams that the parents would chip in and buy the extra enrichment stuff to help me provide a more exciting, broader, program. That it would be a community effort. Parents would recognize the efforts I put in and would love to give me extra tools to do it with and I'd send them home when we completed each unit for the kids to enjoy with their parents. In my head I envisioned they'd continue to expand on the concepts we approach during the day, in the evenings an on weekends. It would be a meshing of the kids two worlds. Tra-la-la... smell the roses. I am such a dork.

In the end, I, order stuff I can afford to correspond with our curriculum themes almost monthly. It has been an amazing resource for me. It keeps me inspired, motivated and excited for the next month. I guess that, in and of itself, is priceless.