View Single Post
Play Care 09:19 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by julie:
Yes, this. Quite frankly, this woman's behavior makes me want to puke. Poor kid, honestly, and poor you. The kid is acting so outrageously partly I would assume due to the newborn but the extent she is going to is purely a reflection of the parents and THEIR bad behavior.

I would say at pick up today. "Mary, I was quite taken aback by the scene at the door this morning and so was my husband who witnessed your behavior. It is always YOUR JOB to parent your child. You need to have control of your kid while you are on the premises. If a scene like that ever occurs again, you will need to go back outside and both of you calm down. When you both are ready to enter my home and my daycare and be respectful, you are welcome to stay. I will never be talked to like that again when all I am doing is acting in the best interest of your child. If you are not prepared to be respectful in the future, hit the pavement."

I have no tolerance for that.
I know you don't want to lose them, and they can sense that. That has made them alpha in this situation. You need to lose that feeling. You need to be prepared to lose them so they have consequence. You need to become alpha again. This is YOUR business, and you run the show. They need to get that and they need to know that you don't care if they stay if they pick any other route. Otherwise, it will just get worse and worse. I'm serious. They will blame you for EVERYTHING.