View Single Post
Heidi 01:12 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Why then would the provider have given the parent a permission slip to sign then?

Plus most states require providers to have additional insurance policies/coverages if they transport kids.

I can't imagine who would have been liable had there been an accident with the OP's child in the car and the provider driving....
If she had her sign a permission slip, or in this case, the parent refused, it does not void the contract. If she had it ON her contract (which is what I got from OP), and the parent refused (or checked the "no" box?), then...the provider violated her own contract, thus breaching the contract.

As for the liability, boy oh boy, that provider transporting without any sort of permission would definately cause her a liability if anything happened! No question there.

I'm sure every state's contract law is a little different. I just looked more, and it seems that CA, for example, has different rules than WI when it comes to contract law. I'm thinking the parent needs to consult with an attorney to find out if she is legally obligated to pay the 4 week notice....