View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:49 AM 06-25-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have two boys (brothers) in my day care. They come in each morning hollering over something (who gets to open the front door is a big one even though I don't allow non school aged kids to handle the door in my care for what I view as obvious safety concerns ) They are just so LOUD.

My family is off from school - DH teaches and my kids are school aged. Typically they are still sleeping when the dc kids come. My next door neighbor is on MAT leave after having a difficult birth, etc. I don't ask the families be silent - normal conversation is fine. BUT I would like them to be considerate. Stop allowing kids to yell in the driveway and entrance. But I'm concerned that asking them to be considerate would put them off. Have any of you had to have this conversation?
Why are providers so nervous about asking parents to do something that should just be an obvious behavior in the first place?

This is MY house and MY neighbors....if parents (and children) can't act appropriately, then I couldn't care less if I insult them.

I TEACH and MODEL manners and respect from children but I EXPECT it from parents.