View Single Post
Play Care 03:10 AM 01-14-2014
Thankfully in my state SA kids can be outside without me, per regs. My SA schedule goes like this:
2:45 arrival. Hang coats, put backpacks in the designated spot and shoes/boots NEATLY on the mat (and I call them back several times if need be ) WASH HANDS and have snack. They can chose not to have snack, but this will be the only time I offer. Once snack time is over the kitchen is CLOSED.
3:00 OUTSIDE. I don't care how muddy, wet, snowy, etc. it is. All parents know that we are going out and they had better provide the proper equipment. Kids who don't have the proper gear still go out but are limited to the areas of pavement. This is where I will send them out, even if it's not a good time for the littles. I watch closely from the windows and follow all regs concerning SA outdoor time. Weather permitting they are out for at least an hour - early fall, summer and late spring they will be outside until closing.
Winter or inclement weather they come in around 3:30
3:30-4:00 board games, Legos, etc.
4-close homework/study. They can start homework, read a book, etc. Kids who have a hard time remembering it's settle down time get put up at the table with an activity of my choosing until their parents arrive.