View Single Post
Annalee 10:39 AM 01-14-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Ita. I think our regs are strict. I have had a 5 year old SA child who was WAY more work than a 2yo.

My current SA is being aged out in fall (one more summer!) because he turns 8. After 2nd grade seems to be my cut off. I am taking on one more SA when he ages out, and that is also when my 4.5 yo dcg who will be going to K in fall (and I would seriously miss her!)

My SA dcb is friends with my two younger boys. On days off of school (random like snow days or here and there like MLK day) they just do as they please. They can play pretend for HOURS, and I just do the physical checks that our state requires. They can watch a movie or SA dcb brings a Nintendo ds for nap. I never hear a peep.

In summer, we are outside sooo often that it isn't much of an issue. I allow them to play on the 'big' playground and keep the small kids on the little one (next to each other). That sort of thing. Our city also has a ton of activities at our local park and I enroll them in those. $5 tye dye tshirts, etc. and then the littles play while we wait for the SA.
I am allowed to keep SA till they are 12, but I do not because that is another book I will be assessed by annually. The assessor would leave at nap and come back when SA arrived for another couple hours....absolutely NO schoolagers for me!!!!! QRIS wreaks havoc around here!