View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 10-14-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
WOW.

I just re-interviewed with a family who has been on my waiting list for a solid year. Their schedule changed, and I can now accommodate them. They gave notice at their current program, but asked if they could do T/TH for a while. I only have a M/W/F space available and they would prefer FT. The woman FREAKED OUT on them. Packed up their things and booted them immediately. They pay monthly, but only a 10 day notice is required. Mom just forwarded me the emails. This lady is NUTS. Yes it hurts when someone leaves your program because they aren't happy, but to react this way makes us both feel she is mentally unstable. They aren't welcome back- if you don't like my program, you don't need to come back. BUT she refuses to refund them (they are paid through 11/1)

There was no OBVIOUS reason to leave, other than the lady is older (60's) she runs a montessori program, and touts a lot of things that the parents have never seen in action. When they ask, she balks and repeats her program information. She doesn't 'do' holidays, they don't go outside much (it has to be 'sunny' and warm, not too hot, etc), she doesn't like to sing or dance, and they read only the books she has chosen, etc. They also have very limited access to their child. (hard to explain, but confirmed in the emails Mom forwarded to me). From what the CHILD was saying at the interview, they are required to stay on their rugs and NOT MOVE. She asked me where the rugs were and if she was allowed to chose her toys.

I suggested to the Mom that she call licensing and gave her the contact info. Some of her practices are actually against regulations here.
Wow!

Poor DCM.

I used to be amazed at some of the things providers will do/say when they get wind of a family leaving. Often times once they (provider) find out, they do everything in their power to boot the family under the pretext of having to watch out for yourself too.... I understand where they are coming from but don't agree with how any handle it.

Sadly I am no longer amazed at the behavior of some providers.
I have reluctantly let go of the notion that I have seen/heard it all because every day someone proves me wrong.

I hope you are able to accommodate DCM in full time care sooner than later for her benefit alone....if not, she'll just have to figure something else out for alternate days you can't accommodate her but I am sorry she had to deal with her previous providers "less than professional" behavior.