View Single Post
Heidi 12:14 PM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I don't provide everything, but I do have a few extras on hand for the occasional "forgot to bring" items. I typically dress the kids in the opposite gender items. My reasoning for this is two fold.
1. It's my passive aggressive attempt to shame the parents into making sure their child has the items they need here.
2. I usually get those items back. The parent knows the hot pink tinker Bell hat does not belong to little Johnny.

The items I have on hand, are thrift store finds or hand me downs. I don't charge extra for it.
I do the same. Since all my kids come by car and most have longer rides, they typically only have coats, hats, and maybe boots on. I have them leave extra snow pants here. I bought mittens and hats second hand. To be honest, until it's REALLY cold, I put long water-resistant athletic socks (black) on their hands (doubled up if colder). I buy the size for a 6-9 year old's feet, put them on under their coats up to their armpits. I hate mittens "made" for toddlers. They are hard to put on and never stay on. Thumb holes are over-rated anyway.