View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:59 AM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by MamaMightSnap:
I have met with the director at my center regarding the issues of segregation based on payment method and the quality of equipment and care provided in the "private pay room".

She was able to show me the plans in place for improving the room, which does not include furniture, equipment or toys at this time. It is strictly a wall being built which will allow the rooms to become more organized and "put together". (If you'll recall, the room is in a make-shift state right now.) She has lined up 2 additional teachers with early childhood education degrees for the room. However, DHS is backlogged for completing background and fingerprint checks (according to the director). In the meantime, the room has revolving teachers, which is taking a toll on the infants and toddlers that occupy it. They need stability, and that's not what they're getting right now.

I was not the first parent to come forth with concerns about the segregation. Many parents have expressed concern about their child being moved to this less than appealing room. One parent stated that he felt like he was "Throwing his hard earned money down the drain" each time he stepped into the room. Which I understand his frustration. He pays a large amount every month to one of the top-rated centers in our area and in return, his child is not afforded the same benefits and experiences as those who pay nothing each month.

I do feel a little better after having aired my concerns. But I know that there will not be a quick resolution. If I want to see progress I will have to stick around and wait it out.
Sadly that statement (bolded above ^^) applies to ALOT of things in society now days.