View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:46 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Speaking with the local department of health agent this week after I had to chase them down to notify them of possible spread. This is NOT 'the flu' it is a viral pneumonia.

She said that the local health offices opinions are that since they are only tested the worst case scenarios, the mortality statistic is skewed a bit. There aren't enough tests to administer unless the person needs medical intervention. Many people are not even seeking treatment/diagnosis because they are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.

My friend's 12 year old with severe asthma spent one night under observation after she tested positive and went home the next morning. She's recovering nicely. Same thing happens every time she gets the flu, too. Now Mom thinks it's 100% media hype and I have to tell her I'm too busy to chat because she is straight conspiracy theory crazy rn.

That being said, I'm still not taking any chances as a young-ish healthy adult. Social distancing is an easy thing to do. I'm already 80% hermit anyway. (Cancelled plans? YAY)
Ugh there are *still* people who don't believe this virus is more of a killer than anything else that's ever passed across the planet? Stupid stupid. Yes, the whole world has been upended for no reason.
And I'm a hermit too. I love it when there are no people around. It's very stressful when there are. Actually, there are maybe 3-4 people, besides my 3 adult kids, that I love spending any time with. The rest of humanity can lengthen that social distance wayyyyy out.