View Single Post
LysesKids 07:36 AM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
I am starting to become very frustrated with my available spot and taking on a new client. I get very short intros from potential DCF's, where when I'm going into the interview, I only know a very small amount.

I'm the kind of gal to search your name on facebook and check you out before I meet with you in my home. I want to get a feel for someone before I meet them. That's just the way I am. I find some people are very short and just went to get their foot in my door to look around and that is not okay with me. This is MY business, and I only have 5 slots to have good relationships with families. I don't want to waste my time taking on a child only to have to terminate them because something didn't come up until a few days afterwards. I also find that people want to "stop by and check the place out" after work, and I'm also not okay with that. I like to bake cookies, I like to have things ready to distract kids. I want to know on Wedsneday, blah blah time, you'll be here. There's no stopping by buddy, sorry.

Oh goodness, ANYWAYS -- I am thinking about putting an application on my website. This will get their names, occupations, schedules etc. other info that I want to know before I meet with them, again - to not waste anymore of my time!

Does any one else do this? I want to be able to say,

"Okay great! Before we schedule an interview, would you mind hopping over to my website and filling out the online application? We can go from there!"

I use free website from WIX and it allows you to put online forms and such on it.
I actually have a contact form on my website... it asks all the basics, inc day & night phone #'s. It states that I will call them within 24 hrs to chat (phone call is first interview) - I already know their names, age of baby, hours requested & when they want to start. A lot of times the comment section even holds where they work (I figure it out by email addresses also). My home page also states what openings are available (if any) or when will be coming up

I figure if they read the site in full, they already know rates, and policies, so if they send the contact page we might be a good fit.