View Single Post
LysesKids 07:59 AM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I like the 'good 'ol days' when people just called and I got their information over the phone and scheduled an appointment. I want to get a feel for them by talking to them before I give them my address. I am home alone with children so don't want to have too much information on the internet. I am retired now but never had a website. I definitely would not put my address on the website. I'd give a general area.

I've had a few (very few, but still) pervert types call. I also didn't interview a prospective family with the daycare children there. I would interview them in the evening first and if they wanted to come see us in action, I'd let them come another day if they seemed okay.

I'm just saying this for new providers. If I were a parent, I would not want my provider having strangers in the house while my children were there.

A few times I've had someone just come to the door. I turned them away and told them to call for an appointment. The children's and my safety are a top priority.
I never have my phone # or Address on any ads or on the website... my ads direct to the website, the website has a contact me page they can send to me if they ;like what they read... first time I talk to them is when I CALL. I also NEVER interview when babies are here - evenings only after hrs. As you said it's a safety thing for everyone involved