View Single Post
Scout 01:37 PM 12-16-2013
Originally Posted by Great Beginnings:
I saw the recent post about NYS daycare changes. I saw one that said infants can not sleep in carriers because of risk of aphixiation. I believe it and it makes since to me but does anyone know of any credible research through the government done on this? I ask because my SIL has a 7 week old and they don't put him down ever so he wont sleep in his crib so she admitted she rocked him in the carrier til he fell asleep then put the carrier in his crib. I told her how dangerous this was supposed to be but she didn't seem to believe me. I'd like to send her an article on proof.
I have a FB friend who works for the largest county in the area's morgue. I had asked him about this when it came up last year in a post. He says that this is a VERY REAL ISSUE and it needs to immediately stop. He said the ONLY way an infant should be sleeping is alone, in a crib, with NOTHING in that sleep area. No bumper pad, nothing. He said that I would be shocked
by how many of these preventable tradgedies he had to go investigate yearly. But, the number was a lot higher than I would've thought. This includes swings as well so, please urge your SIL to get that baby used to the safe way to sleep. I mean, if you think about all the times their little heads fall forward in those car seats. I would rather risk no sleep than trying to revive my infant.