View Single Post
daycarediva 09:54 AM 05-30-2017
So we stayed open.

I talked to the director (who is the most clueless woman I have ever met in my life) and the owner.

We are open, without a fence. (I'm a rebel) I have poured over the center regs (which are new to me, but not TOO different). There is NO fence requirement at all unless we are next to a body of water. We are not. There is a body of water adjacent (across a street and in the backyard of a house, but IT has a fence around it) I intend to fight him on the fence requirement entirely. He has still not returned my emails or phone calls. Neither has his supervisor. I called the main office line and asked her if either was in the office. BOTH are there. Just ignoring me.

I am documenting the hell out of this, but there is a HUGE conflict of interest I was just made aware of. His wife owns a group daycare in the same area and applied to the director job. (doesn't have the qualifications)

The town will not approve the fence. The owner went right to the town hall and spoke to zoning department. It would be a HUGE eyesore on what is a very scenic area. It's been a center since the 90's and never had a fence.

SO FRUSTRATING.