View Single Post
SilverSabre25 07:24 AM 01-10-2011
Thank you everyone!

I have decided that I am definitely moving daycare downstairs, and the sooner, the better, lol. It solves so many problems so neatly...I'm excited! It means my house is going to be in "transition chaos" for awhile while we get things switched and situated, but I am so fed up with the current set-up that I can't imagine doing even one more week with things the way they are atm. Such a big gap has formed between my "bigs" (2, 2.5, 3) and my "littles" (14 mo, 14 mo, and 20 mo) that I can't have them all playing together right now...not without lots of arguing and yelling anyway.

Having the littles in a separate space will give me the ability to have crafts and activities out for the bigs that I don't want the littles into (sensory box with rice/water/sand, playdough, even just crayons/scissors/glue) and the toys for the littles separate from the bigs, so that the littles are better able to play without big kid interference!

I love some of the suggestions (that I can't implement yet, but will work/save toward) like putting in a kitchen sink and a counter with microwave. I already have a nice big 8-seater picnic table.

Even though the downstairs won't be off-limits during non-daycare hours since it will have the majority of the toys in the house, it will be nice to have it separate. omg, I can't wait!