View Single Post
BlueChairBlessings 10:34 AM 02-01-2017
Hi all! I have never posted, but have been a lurker for several months and this forum has quickly become my go-to, especially as I face some challenges with one family. Your advice has already helped in many cases. This is SO long....Sorry!!!

I started with this family (2 dck - 1 is sa) late Fall & as my first, unfortunately my contract wasn't nearly good enough (much better now!). Looking back, my head was kind of spinning after our first meeting but against my better judgement I took them on.

We've had issues from the beginning with hygiene, not being consistent with pick-up/drop-off, and a host of other things.

Latest is regarding dcg (2)... youngest, only girl, and very babied/spoiled. Nonverbal except for "NO" which I hear all day. Recently, we've begun having some pretty bad temper tantrums and behaviors towards me/other dcks. Hitting, biting, kicking usually begins at drop-off and DCM will not let me step in. I firmly tell dcg "No, we don't ____ here." Then DCM picks her up and baby talks and rocks her for around 5 mins.

I am so frustrated. DCM very difficult to have a conversation with - she just talks over you. I've tried to over over-talk her but she wins 🙂 I've messaged her about issues and she acts like it's all a big shock. Last 2 days we had the drop-off with kicking and hitting mom & it's a tough AM. Does better during day UNTIL her SA brother gets here and then it's 2 more hrs of behavior.

Advice?

Second issue - this same dcg doesn't say words. Lots of sounds but isn't interested in talking at all. Why would she? DCM and brothers talk for her. She obviously still wears diapers & cannot communicate to me when she's wet, etc.

DCM brings in a brand new potty insert today and tells me we need to start using it. That it was dcg's treat this morning & that she initiated potty twice at home last night after 6:30 pick up. Uhhhhh, okay. I was taken aback when she started opening it (and then hitting/kicking began so I got sidetracked). Of course, dcg couldn't tell me she had a dirty diaper and was TOTALLY confused when I tried to put her on it today. She is not ready. A)I need to tell DCM she isn't ready and B)I need to tell her I will provide a insert when she is ready (all my others are younger or already trained).... Right?

Sorry again for length!!!