View Single Post
Abigail 06:31 PM 11-27-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I provide the formula as I am on the food program. I however purchase whatever kind the baby drinks. I figure I get reimbursed for it, so why not help them out. I do however talk to them and they will try the cheaper brand anyway, unless the babies stomach does not agree.
One time I had 4 babies at once, and talked to all the parents, said I have one baby on walmart brand and one on enfamil, so one of those would be great. I have pretty good parents, who wont just pick the expensive brand because I provide it, because they have to provide it at home as well.
Only a few people answered how many babies they care for. I'm only taking one so as a parent knowing that my daycare only takes one young baby on a bottle I would expect the provider to work with me. That's my opinion. I agree with the above post because I do want to get what is close to what baby drinks because it's not fair to the baby to go back and forth on formulas between home and daycare.

I've never been to a Costco so Kirkland is not anywhere near here. The baby I will have will be here 8 hours a day M-F so I hope one canister is enough for a week, but maybe it will last longer? I will get money back from the food program and the food program only requires formula to be offered until they turn 8 months, then other requirements take place. I'm thinking about asking the mom to provide any baby food and cereal and that we set up a "meal program" that she would like to follow. What do you think? Then when the baby turns 8 months (which is obviously too late to just start baby cereal and food) I will have to begin providing it. I know it kind of sounds like a dumb policy, but since the food program doesn't require it until they're 8 months old, I think I will try the policy that parents provide additional food until they're 8 months old and we work out a plan on when to feed the cereal and baby foods. Let me know what you think of that.

If I ever have a helper working with me, I would take more than one baby. Then it might be harder to enforce the providing food until they turn 8 months thing with multiple parents to work with.