View Single Post
Butter Biskets 07:43 PM 07-09-2014
I know I have been posting a lot lately, but I can't help it. Please forgive me.

How many of you are strictly play based vs having a preschool like curriculum? And how do YOU define play based? I am feeling really inferior in what I offer because for the most all I do is the traditional "go play" route and I feel like maybe the parents are expecting more than I am offering. I have babies and preschoolers and I find it difficult to offer a structured curriculum with the varying ages and needs. I originally thought that I would do more structured learning during nap times, but with the developmental levels of the preschoolers, I am finding it hard, plus I really need to keep them quiet in order for the little ones to sleep (naps are a high priority for the parents) and you know how loud kids can get even when they think they are being quiet.

So I guess I needs ideas, either of how to implement more learning activities or how to spin the "play based learning" so that it sounds more professional.

Thanks.