View Single Post
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 09:16 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would probably replace him and the sibling and let her know that since she requested no napping, they are no longer a good fit for your program. I don't think she is willing to listen to you and/or adjust anything she does, she just wants the easy way out. Nope.

I have a similar issue with a developmentally delayed 4yo. Leaves here at 5:30, in bed AT 7. He literally eats, bath, bed (she does bathe him nightly). He gets Benadryl and melatonin if he is not asleep at 7:30. Irony is, even on Mondays with her schedule, he still naps here within 10 minutes of laying down. I have not been writing down that he naps, and her issue miraculously disappeared.
I did ask her what time is his bedtime now. She said 730 to 8 depending if he has soccer or not. I told her that I felt that was her contributing factor because my dd is older than him and goes to bed at 9pm if she takes a nap or 830 if she doesn't. But she also gets up at 6-630 in the morning on her own. I was like I know different kids but they are on the exact same schedule here. I told her he only naps 20 minutes or so but she said that 20-minutes is obviously too much since he won't go to bed at his bedtime. I can't tell her he doesn't ever nap because he will tell her that he does nap. They went down at 1130 and he was out before 11:39. He clearly needs to rest. She doesn't make him take a nap on weekends and so he is a nightmare on Monday till after nap. He hits, spits and throws toys. Like I said he is like having a giant 2-year old.

I have been trying to replace these two since dad told me that he didn't forget my payment he just thought getting his kids home was most important because of the snow. He passed three ATM locations an a bank at the end of my street. Mom constantly forgets payment. It's just a mess. I'm having a hard time replacing because so many SAHM doing it for next to nothing.