View Single Post
mac60 05:03 AM 05-07-2012
There is no way I would even work with a 15 mo old to potty train. If you have been helping a 2 yr old go potty for 6 mo, then no, he still is not potty trained IMO.

This is my policy.

When you feel your child is ready for potty training, please initiate the training at home before asking me to start it at childcare. When your child can verbally tell me they have to go potty, understands the basics of going potty, and can, on their own, pull down and pull up their clothing, I will begin the potty training process here. Please remember that the activity level here can distract your child from realizing they need to use the potty, more so than at your home. Extra outfits, including socks, will be needed during the training period. Please, PULL UPS ONLY during the training process, NO CLOTH TRAINING PANTS. During the potty training process please dress your child in clothes that make it easy for them to go use the potty. When your child has gone potty with no accidents for a period of 2 weeks, cloth panties can then be used at daycare. During these 2 weeks, the child must verbally tell me each time they need to potty, or just go on their own. If accidents occur, the child will need to go back into pull ups while here and start the 2 week accident free process again.